favorite this postEditorial Assistant (Manila (Telecommute))hide this posting
compensation: Hourly / Depends on experience and qualifications. employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing news organization is looking for a reliable Part-time Editorial Assistant with fine attention to detail, a strong work ethic, a love for news and current events , and a fondness for data and research.
The Editorial Assistant (EA) provides important assistance with news details in the Editorial Department by performing functions that will include, but not limited to, the following:
• monitoring and curating news and bulletins,
• compiling news planners and agendas,
• conduct research as needed,
• basic news-writing skills,
• compiling biographies,
• assisting staff with research, and
• other duties as assigned
Who we are
We are an international, non-partisan, human rights, membership organization dedicated to an engaged and informed public, well equipped with quality information needed to make informed decisions by a strong free press.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time independent contract position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during “core” work hours between 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
This job operates virtually. This role requires access and use of a computer, telephone, and broadband internet.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High school diploma or GED or comparable experience
• Native level mastery of written and spoken English
• Proofreading experience
• Broad knowledge of current news and events, and trending topics
• Comfortable on all social media platforms
• Comfortable learning new technology
• Ability to follow directions and instruction
• Deadline driven
• Hourly pay
• Flexible schedule
How to apply
Applicants must submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and writing sample for consideration. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers