QR Code Link to This Post
The Application Support Specialist performs many roles and interacts with many different teams across one or several projects and related business systems. The individual works hand-in-hand with business units, project managers, business analysts, infrastructure and management and is engaged in most phases of the project lifecycle.
Some of the duties include: implementing business/functional requirements into new/existing systems, expert understanding of the systems (technical and functional), support and maintenance of the system and documentation of all processes and procedures related to the systems. This position communicates well with both business and technical staff, produces clear and comprehensive documentation and process diagrams, and is comfortable presenting to a client.
• Working knowledge of modeling and flow diagramming tools
• Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Business Application Development and
• Computer proficiency (especially with Microsoft Office applications particularly MS Project, MS Office
• PowerPoint, MS Office Visio)
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Basic knowledge in SQL is an advantage