Marketing Manager Responsibilities
QR Code Link to This Post
• Leading the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation, drive qualified traffic, engender customer loyalty and drive sales.
• Deploying successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution, leveraging your professional know-how from 5+ years in Marketing. Work closely with our Australia-based in-store team to bring your marketing expertise and our bike knowledge together.
• Experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels, including but not limited to: Email Marketing, Paid Ads, Social Media, Radio Advertising.
About the Company
We’re all about Bikes. Commuter Bikes, Folding Bikes, Electric Bikes. Bikes that are built for city riding. Bikes that replace cars. The two-wheeled, pedal-type bikes.
We’ve been around for 10 years now, and we’ve built a name for ourselves with very little in the way of external marketing. Now that we’ve launched our third store, we’re ramping things up in the Marketing Department to ensure that our next 10 years are even better than our last 10.
If you live and breathe marketing, we need to talk. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketer who will be responsible for the growth of our inbound sales channels and ensuring our offer to customers both local and national are fresh and on-point.
You’ll be working closely with our in-store team who are based in Melbourne Australia. They will be available to help provide bike specific expertise, but you’ll be driving things forward. They don’t have a marketing bone in their body ;-)
Marketing manager responsibilities include:
1. Developing Marketing campaigns based on offers, seasons and audiences;
2. Ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity;
3. Leveraging our customer database to develop new marketing channels such as email, SMS, LALs on social and the like;
4. Tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns with our SEO / Paid Ads manager.
5. Working with our content team to create an orderly rollout of new articles, spun articles for Social Bookmarking and social media content;
6. Managing the marketing budget across digital and non-digital channels.
To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with respect to developing campaigns from end to end, and tracking the performance/attribution via analytics tools. Ultimately, you’ll need to help develop marketing campaigns from concept to execution and evaluation.
Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
• Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door. Right now, that’s the missing piece. We have 3 great stores, but we forgot to tell customers about them.
• Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
• Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, email marketing and performance analysis
• Assist in planning valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
• Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
• Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies, leveraging our existing staff and contractors.
• Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email, social and advertising campaigns accordingly
• Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn and work with a remote team.
• Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and lead marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate….. AND ULTIMATELY SELL BIKES!
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools -you’ll be working with our SEO Manager and Paid Ads manager to further develop our marketing dashboard.
• Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns a plus, but not essential.
• Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
• A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field