This editor will not simply respond to an assignment and cut to order - the ideal candidate will ideate and conceive of innovative story forms and executions. We are looking for a candidate with a strong video editing background and a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to deliver high quality stories. We are looking for an inventive thinker and creative thought leader who can deliver a top-notch product under intense deadline pressure.
QR Code Link to This Post
As part of the creative team, the Video Editor will partner closely with the Strategic Marketing and Content teams to enhance existing materials and create new campaigns in a very fast-paced, positive and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific challenges include:
• Ability to read and understand a creative brief
• Partner with creative team to produce videos from concept stages, through development, editing and final delivery
• Generate creative ideas and concepts to solve video briefs; develop storyboards and/or clearly communicate ideas for approval
• Evaluate edited footage to make sure it matches the story from the brief and meets the narrative agenda of the project.
• Edit footage into timelines, combine visual footage with audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound and a musical soundtrack to create more drama in the story
• Use computer editing software programs, digital video effects programs and other tools to piece together components
• Discuss project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the director and any producers as the project is edited
Required and Preferred Qualifications
• 4 +years of experience as video specialist of a similar role within the industry
• Production experience is a plus
Required Education: Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science or similar degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science or similar degree
Preferred Working Hours: 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Send your CV with mobile number