The Android developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications powered by the Android Operating System. The person will primarily focus on the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. He/she will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
• Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Work with outside data sources and API’s
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Proven software development experience
• Proven working experience in Android development
• Strong experience with Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers