Tech Times is looking for experienced technology news writers to join our overseas consumer technology news editorial team.
The writer should be curious about the next big thing in consumer tech, have a strong opinion on what's the best smartphone, love talking about consumer tech trends, and know how to make it interesting for those who are not tech-savvy. The writer will be writing for a general audience and should be able to write clean, compelling copies very quickly, as well as stay engaged on social media networks.
The ideal candidate will have -
- Smart, conversational, and exciting writing style, geared toward a general audience.
- Background in reporting on consumer technologies -- smartphones, tablets, laptops, gadgets, games, or any kind of consumer technology people routinely use
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quick turn-around times are expected
- Attention to detail when it comes to accuracy and an understanding of how to write about consumer technology-related topics for a general audience
- Ability to notice the latest buzz on consumer technology on social media, write about them, and review them knowledgeably
- Ability to draw from your own experiences to write stories about consumer technologies
- Prior experience working in a newsroom-like environment or working as part of an editorial team
- Social media savvy is a plus
This opening is immediate. Tech Times is a New York-based digital media startup that reports on consumer technology, pop culture, science, and other topics of interest to the millennial audience.
All applications must be accompanied by resume and 3-4 recent writing samples on consumer technology-related topics. Applicant must be ready and willing to take a writing test.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers