compensation: Payment is a per article basis, at a rate of $2.50 during the first two weeks of probation. Once passed, the regular rate would now be $3 per article. A monthly bonus of $30 is added once the writer is able to submit 5 articles every working day. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WE NEED YOU WRITE NOW!
Business Times China is looking for Digital Journalists to assist in the execution of its editorial agenda through its official website and accounts in other digital and social media platforms.
We are in need of individuals who can help ensure that the digital news team and its products faithfully represent the Business Times China brand of ethical, world-class, and reliable journalism.
The Digital Journalists will also research and gather information, monitor and interview news sources, write, repurpose and package news content in the form of text, video and multimedia articles for publication as assigned by the managing editor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Search, gather, write, and package content for news digital platforms.
• Select stories, advisories, video packages that may have been aired or otherwise on TV, for lining up in editor-approved hierarchy of stories, and recommended for publication.
• Repurpose, optimize, and nominate edited content (text, video, etc.) for placement on social, mobile and other News Digital platforms.
• Ensure articles are SEO compliant from headline to text body and embedded photos.
• Tag stories according to key subject matters, toward facilitating other ways to organize content.
• Add links to related content within and outside the website, specific articles, news pieces, infographics, visuals, and all other digital materials that may require or need links for enhanced user experience.
• Ensures that all content published follow best practices in digital publishing by copy editing text and checking all facts before endorsing produced content to senior editors;
Selects and pushes content to other platforms run by News Digital.
• Performs other tasks as may be assigned by immediate superior.
• At least 1-2 years of work experience in journalism.
• Have excellent writing and interviewing skills
• Be comfortable/skilled in gathering info in multimedia (not only text but also video, audio).
• Be comfortable/skilled not only in text but also in video, graphics and other multimedia presentations.
• Be familiar with online platforms. Preferably has a presence in all social media properties.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers