Tech Times is looking for health news writers to join our health news editorial team.
The ideal writer should be curious about the next big breakthrough in health, have a strong opinion on what diet works best for weight loss, love talking about the latest health research and developments, and, most importantly, know how to make health news interesting for those who don't understand health jargons.
The writer will be writing for a general millennial audience and should be able to write clean, compelling copies very quickly, as well as stay engaged on social media networks.
The ideal candidate will have -
- Smart, conversational, and exciting writing style, geared toward a general audience
- Background in reporting on health topics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quick turn-around times are expected
- Attention to detail when it comes to accuracy and an understanding of how to write about health-related topics for a general audience
- Ability to notice the latest buzz on health on social media, write about them, and review them knowledgeably
- Ability to draw from your own experiences to write stories about health
- Prior experience working in a newsroom-like environment or working as part of an editorial team
- Social media savvy is a plus.
This opening is immediate. Submit your resume and online samples of appropriate stories with your byline. Applicant must be ready and willing to take writing test, if necessary.
Tech Times is a New York-based digital media startup that reports on consumer technology, pop culture, science, health, and other topics of interest to the millennial audience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers