Tech Times is looking for science-savvy writers to join our science news editorial team.
The writer should be curious about the next big breakthrough in science, have a strong opinion on whether we should travel to Mars or whether there is life in outer space, love talking about the latest scientific research and developments, and, most importantly, know how to make science interesting for those who don't understand science jargons.
The writer will be writing for a general audience and should be able to write clean, compelling copies very quickly, as well as stay engaged on social media networks. The ideal candidate will have -
- Smart, conversational, and exciting writing style, geared toward a general audience
- Background in reporting on science topics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where quick turn-around times are expected
- Attention to detail when it comes to accuracy and an understanding of how to write about science-related topics for a general audience
- Ability to notice the latest buzz on science on social media, write about them, and review them knowledgeably
- Ability to draw from your own experiences to write stories about science
- Prior experience working in a newsroom-like environment or working as part of an editorial team
- Social media savvy is a plus.
This opening is immediate. Apply with resume and appropriate writing samples with your byline. Applicant must be ready and willing to take writing test if required.
Tech Times is a New York-based digital media startup that owns and operates several web properties and reports on consumer technology, pop culture, science, health, and other topics of interest to the millennial audience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers